Saturday, February 5, 2011

To Whom It May Concern

To Whom It May Concern


Amber Rose Riley
Valley State Prison for Women
Chowchilla, CA.
2011

To Whom It May Concern;
My Name is Amber Rose Riley and I am 23 years old. At the age of 16 I was arrested and tried as an adult for something an adult male admitted to doing. I awaited trial for seven years and was still convicted even after he plead guilty. I was given 26 to Life; I have only been in prison for about eight months but have now been incarcerated almost eight years.

I am currently appealing my case do to the fact that numerous things were done wrong. Evidence on my behalf was not used, my trial lawyer did not put up a defense for me, knowing I had been physically and sexually assaulted by the codefendant prior to us both being charged for the murder of our mutual friend. I was totally distraught during my interrogation and since I was too afraid to tell on him, I lied and it cost me my life.

I have never been in trouble before and I have always lived at home with my parents. Due to being low income, we depended on the courts and on the Public Defenders office to and no matter how hard we looked, how much evidence we had in my behalf, no one wanted to get involved due to the specific District Attorneys that were involved. I also put in for a mistrial and fought for a year to get one, but the same Judge that did my trial denied my motions even though there were so many things done wrong with my whole case. From the interrogation through seven years of court hearings and my trial, public defenders didnt want to look into my 'touchy issues'.

I am desperate to prove my innocence and make it back to my family. If only someone would attempt to help uncover the corruption in this case I will be able to to return home. If you or anyone you know would be interested in assisting me with my appeal or any area of my case, please contact me asap though the Advocates for Abandonded Adolescents website...contact us.

http://advocatesforabandonedadolescents.com/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment